Color Temperatures for Outdoor Applications
Below is some helpful information on Warm White (WW-3000K), Neutral White (NW-4000K) and Cool White (CW-5000K) outdoor lighting and LED color temperatures:
- The Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) has provided a position statement regarding the human and environmental effects of LED sources for outdoor and roadway lighting, including color temperature.
- The US Department of Energy information on LED Basics.
- The U.S. Department of Energy has assembled a variety of resources on the topic of Street Lighting and Blue Light, to provide accurate, in-depth information that clarifies the current state of scientific understanding.
- The US Department of Energy, through its SSL ‘Postings’ newsletter.
- The Lighting Research Center (LRC), through a press release on its website.
- A Webinar presented by Bruce Kinzey of Pacific Northwest National Laboratory examining key issues underlying concerns raised by the American Medical Association community guidance on color temperature and its applicability to LED street lighting.