Color Temperatures for Outdoor Applications
Below is some helpful information on Warm White (WW-3000K), Neutral White (NW-4000K) and Cool White (CW-5000K) outdoor lighting and LED color temperatures:
- The Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) has provided a document that is helpful in understanding that the collective contribution of all factors is key to accurately estimating impacts and maximizing future potential for mitigating the issues of concern.
- The Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) issued a statement on preliminary review of the AMA policy statement on LED Lighting.
- The US Department of Energy information on LED Basics.
- The U.S. Department of Energy has assembled a variety of resources on the topic of Street Lighting and Blue Light, to provide accurate, in-depth information that clarifies the current state of scientific understanding.
- The US Department of Energy, through its SSL ‘Postings’ newsletter.
- The Lighting Research Center (LRC), through a press release on its website.
- A Webinar presented by Bruce Kinzey of Pacific Northwest National Laboratory examining key issues underlying concerns raised by the American Medical Association community guidance on street lighting, and their applicability to LED street lighting.